Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Sandlot

While in Montana, Mark and I decided to buy a new movie for the kids to watch. I looked through all the $5 movies and found, "The Sandlot". I thought it would be perfect for Lee since baseball is his obsession. I was right. I have never in my life laughed so hard as I watched him watch the movie. Mark almost had to pull over we were laughing so hard. His facial expressions alone were to die for. He'd yell at the movie too. It was so adorable I couldn't stand it. When the little boy get's dropped over the fence by some rope Levi would scream, "Pull him up, pull him up! The beast is going to get em!" I can't decribe it. You just had to be there. However, I made a terrible mistake being he was too young to watch such content. I didn't remember the language in the movie. They had already watched it a few times before I caught on to the naught language coming out of little boys mouths. A conversation with Levi went like this:

Lee: Mommy! That little boy said deep Shit!

Mommy: I know sweetie. It's not a nice thing to say and I don't want you to say it.

Lee: But mommy, the little boy said deep sh_t!

Mommy: Yes, Lee. I know. He said a very naughy thing and I don't want you to say it anymore.

Lee: The little boy said to the other boy, your in deep sh_t!

Mommy: Levi, I am serious I don't want you to say that word anymore or you are going to be in trouble.

Lee: But Mommy, I didn't say it....The little boy said deep Sh_t.

Mommy: Levi! Please stop saying that word. Those little boys went home and their parents spanked them for saying such bad words.

Levi: Yes! Their mom and dad are going to give them spankens for saying, deep sh_t! It's not a nice word, deep shit. Mom, they are in trouble for saying deep shit.

Mommy: Deep sigh. Complete silence.

Amy, I am taking your advice on the smart player thing they sell at Walmart. (It takes out bad stuff)I could get great use out of it. I've learned to watch the movie before sending my kids off to see it. Why would they have little kids cussing anyway.

Lee makes me play baseball ALL day long. I can't even change Oliver's diapers with out him giving me the ball to throw for him. He even uses his foam bat in the house. I will pitch him the ball and he hits it every time. He loves playing catch and when it's my turn to hit he comes over telling me what I am doing wrong. I just love it. I'll have to get some videos on here.

0 comments: