Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Evening prayers

We have a ritual every night at bed time. It is complete chaos if it is not followed. It goes something like this:

1) Bath
2) Jammies
3) Brush teeth
4) Marki, Lee, and Oliver get to pick out a book for me to read to them.
5) Pray together.
6) Snuggle Marki and ask her what she is thankful for that day. I pray for her. Kisses.
7) Snuggle Levi and ask what he is thankful for that day (although for the past few weeks he is )constantly thankful for throwing out candy at the parade) Pray for him. Kisses.
8) Take Oliver and spend some Olli-mommy time then do his prayers and kisses.

If this is followed my kids go to bed so easy. Levi always puts his arms around me and says, "Would you like a kiss the size of Texas?" How could anyone resist:) I just wanted to write that down.

Tonight one of Marki's prayers included, "Please bring my daddy home safely."
One of Levi's prayers tonight was, "Please watch over my daddy and don't let him fall off the ladder on the fire truck."

0 comments: