Thursday, August 13, 2009

and I saw her sitting on a park bench....

My Grandpa first met my Grandma while he was walking in a park in Wassau, Wisconsin. He was with a buddy of his and they were both in the military. My grandma was sitting on a park bench with a friend of hers and they were noticed by the two men walking by. My Grandpa turned to his friend and said, "I want the girl on the left." Well, that was my grandma and to make a long story short they ended up eloping, after a courtship of course, and were married for 61 years before my grandma passed a year and a half ago. When I think of my grandpa entering Heaven, I see my Grandma there, sitting on a park bench waiting for him.

It was my favorite story to hear my Grandpa tell. His eyes always lit up when he told it.


My Grandpa Levi and my Grandma Doris
My Grandma

At the grave site.
My Grandpa was buried with Military honors. My grandparents backyard. Hayley, Carley, Marki and Lee. I miss these girls:)
Chevelle and Marki
Cheese.
Hanging out with Aunt Carla.
The swing.
My mom and Doug.
Carla and Mark.
My cousin Dave.

0 comments: