Monday, July 20, 2009

My Goonies Adventure

One of my favorite movies when I was a kid was The Goonies. I have watched that film over a million times and I used to make up my own maps and pretend I was one of the characters trying to find a ship full of treasure. Yes, I know, I was a geek to the core but chances are if you were born around my time you did the very same thing. Imagine my excitement when I find out that yes, my husband will go along with my dream of touring Astoria. It was so worth it! When we could see Astoria it was the most beautiful town I had ever seen. I would LOVE to live there. So, with out further ado, here are the pictures from the movie vs my own.



Here I am so excited to see most of the Goonie film locations in Astoria, OR. We ran out of time or we would have gone to the park where the restaurant scene was located. The rest was filmed in California.

Here is the Jail.

Me and the kids in front of the jail.
Me and Olli breaking out.
Field where Andy was cheerleading.
On the bleachers.
We couldn't get inside the gate with 3 kids so this is as close as we could get to the field.
That's the field!
The Goonie house.
View from the front of the house.

The Sign.
The driveway up to the Goonie house.
Me....the goonie.
Swinging in front of the Goonie house.
Getting ready to do the truffle shuffle.
This house did not look the same inside at all. Disapointing. Yes, I peeked inside someones house.
View from the house. Data's house can be seen.
Ta da.
Yet another picture of the house.
The housekeeper in the middle of the road.
Same store the housekeeper is in front of.
That's the building! Mark wanted me to stay out in the middle of the road so he could get the same pictures. He thought the cars would just pass by me with no problem.
Mark went and got Marki's umbrella.
The museum that Mikey's dad worked at.
This place is worth going to alone. It was so beautiful inside.
Me at the museum.


Peeking in the windows before going in.
Ships would just come out of nowhere while you were driving down the street. They were pretty cool to see.
Chunk at the bowling alley.
Inside that bowling alley.
The very same window:)
Mark took this picture of the street through the window in the same spot Chunk was at:):):)
Le Bowling alley from the outside. The lady that was running this place was the rudest women I have ever met. We bowled for a bit and we were going to order a pizza to be delivered (This was done all the time there) so I could have a picture with the pizza through the window but the mean lady kept screaming at us while we were bowling so we left and went to eat at Mc D's. It rained there just like in the movies too. I told you I was a geek.
This was the bridge joining Washington to Oregon. It was HUGE.



My darling goonies doing the most adorable truffle shuffle EVER!

0 comments: