Saturday, July 25, 2009

In Memory

My Grandpa was the greatest. I loved listening to his stories. He made up the best stories for me when I was little and when I was older he would tell me stories of the war he fought in, how he met my grandma (my most favorite story), and stories from "the olden days". He led the most amazing life. My fondest memories will be of flying with him. He owned a Cessna airplane which he taught me to fly. He would come and pick me up at the airport all the time and we'd fly all over the place. He'd even land on my Grandpa Anderson's farm. I was very close to him and I will miss him terribly. I know that he is reunited with my grandma and that is very comforting. I love you Grandpa. You will be missed.


My Grandpa in his Army uniform. I will have to look through pictures and put a more recent one at a later date.

This is the airplane I learned to fly.
Levi Luscombe 1947 Silvair (one of my grandpa's planes.)
Grandpa's Cherokee 160 Plane
My beautiful Grandma posing for the man she would soon be married to for 61 years.

0 comments: