Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mass with Marki

Today I got to attend mass with Marki. We go as a family on Saturday's because it fits our schedule well. However, because I am always attending to the kids, (Marki having to go potty, Levi running up and down the isle asking to go home, Oliver wanting to nurse, etc.), that I never get to really listen to the homily. So, today I chose to take Marki and teach her about the mass. I loved it. She is so smart. She sang loud and proud by listening to the hymn's and then singing her heart out. I was laughing so hard and trying not to. Levi always says "Thanks be to God" right after everyone else says it. Marki did it today and I have to say I was pretty impressed with her and how much she already knows about mass. She is upset that she doesn't get the 'little piece of bread' as she calls the host. "Mommy, I want to eat the little piece of bread too!" I tell her I understand and she will get too soon enough. Levi gets upset that he didn't get a 'cookie' as he calls the host. Levi gets to go next week. I'd like to do some one-on-one time with him so maybe he'll listen when It's just me and the kids. Gulp. I can only hope.

0 comments: