Friday, May 8, 2009

Come home safe Daddy!

My kids are used to my husband being gone for days at a time due to work. However, I think because Marki knows her daddy is not at work she has been very weepy. Mark is in Las Vegas with my brother and the morning he left Marki crawled in bed with me and said in a very sad voice, "Daddy is in Vegas today." 15 minutes later she was crying telling me she missed her dad. Levi tries to console her telling her that it's okay, Daddy is at the fire station putting out the fire. Too cute. Well tonight, day 2of 4, Marki woke up screaming that she wasn't going to see her dad again. I tried calming her down but she just had to talk to her dad. She called him and he sang to her their song. She went to bed after that. Now I'm worried about what she had said. I don't know why she would say she wasn't going to see her dad again. It's freaking me out! We pray you have a safe flight Mark. Come home safe. We love you.

1 comments:

three_minus_two said...

Hi Cara. I know Marki's reaction was very scary for you. When Brittany was little, if Wyatt was somewhere beyond home or work, she would freak out. What is was is that she didn't have a picture in her mind of where her Daddy was. It's that "unknown" that is scary for a child. When he's at work, she doesn't get scared, because when she closes her eyes, she has that visual in her mind - of where Daddy is. She can picture him there, because she has seen it. When he was in Las Vegas, she didn't have a visual of where Mark was, so she couldn't picture him in her mind of where he was.

When I was going to school in Havre, even though I was home most of the time, they had a hard time sleeping. Once I took them to school with me and showed them the college, the library, the chemistry lab, the classroom...they had that visual. So then when they were with Wyatt, they had a picture in their minds of where I was, then it wasn't scary.

I really just think she didn't know what this "Las Vegas" thing was. It was unfamiliar to her, so she couldn't picture her Daddy there. Does that makes sense? I hope it helps.

You are the most amazing parents I have ever known. I love you so much, Cara.