Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Bucket List

My wonderful husband decided that we were going to come up with our own "bucket list". We have many things on this list...some more easy than other and let's just say, less dangerous. Mark planned to get one of them started. We both wanted to learn to snowboard. Both having skied before we were super excited to try out this new thing. To surprise me, Mark bought me a new coat, hat, mittens, goggles, and snow pants just for this occasion.

We left for Bogus Basin this morning. This was the first time we had been there. We reminisced about all the fun times we had in Montana skiing. We were so excited and when we got up ski hill we were surprised at how many people were there. It was insane! We still get surprised when we go places here and it's packed with people. We apparently are still used to the Montana ways were even if the whole state goes you still don't have many people ;) It wasn't bad when we actually got in the mix of things. It didn't seem like we ever had to wait in line for long. I was completely freaked because Mark wanted to attack the mountain and I wanted to take lessons to learn what to do. ****Side note****Mark is great at everything he does. If it is the first time he is doing something he looks like a pro. Very annoying at times. There was a little crying from my end at the beginning. :) It was hard. Very hard. I just wanted to go and get ski's on. And then it happend...I figured it out and I had a blast! I fell pretty hard a few times and I feel like my knee's and back will never be the same again but it was totally worth it. One guy came up next to me and said, "Wow! You really came a long way! Good job!" I have never had such a great work out. I started the day thinking I would never snowboard again and amazingly had a turn of events. I can't wait to go again!!!!!! Thank you Mark for taking me today. I had a great time with you:) Oh, and I forgive you for laughing at me when I biffed it big time and thought I broke my leg:) I'm glad I could entertain you. Marki and Levi get to snowboard with us next time. Or maybe after we do it a few more times.

Driving up to Bogus Basin
Me the passenger

Eating lunch. Thank you for waiting for my slow bum.
My camera couldn't be taken with. It was way to snowy. Wish I had me on video to show the kids though.
Smooches for a great day!
Later that night we had a movie and popcorn.

Thanks mom for watching the babies.

1 comments:

Kami Satterlee said...

I'm so glad you got to try snowboarding. I still cry everytime I go cuz I suck. It's hard to get used to but once you get it...you just get it! Hooray for a date!