Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Benjamin Bummer

Or that's what I was called during this camping trip. In other words I am definitely a mountain camper....not a desert camper. Give me bears, bats, and mountain goats any day over lizards, badgers, and beetles the size of your head. Mark and the kids had a blast. Even with the billions of bugs hitting you in face everyone but me seemed to not care. My kids enjoy finding many different bugs on a daily basis and just love picking them up and bringing them to me. My daughter is afraid of dogs but give her a spider or large beetle and she thinks it's the bees knees. We did try catching a lizard but to no avail.

At one point Marki told me to quite complaining and enjoy myself. Don't get me wrong, camping is one of my all time favorite things to do in the summer just not where we went this particular time. I must dwell on the beetles now. They were so big that I didn't even want to step on them. Mark squished one and when Levi found it he got really upset and cried, "He's dead for sure!" We didn't catch anything and some friends of ours said the bugs got even worse after we left and everyone who set up camp left. I guess I wasn't the only party pooper.



0 comments: