Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Carapalooza: Two days of Birthday Fun!

This year we celebrated my birthday early although I won't consider myself older until March 25th. Mark set up two days full of surprises. He is not good at keeping things from me so I was very surprised that he had been scheming for weeks.

Day one started out by Mark bringing me home a coffee and a cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. Yummy! Then it was off to mini Monet's where I got to spend some quality time with Levi while Marki "let the artist out". After we got back home, Mark told me that we had to go and meet a buddy of his from work. He actually had made an appointment at Salon Rios where I was to get my hair cut and highlighted. I was so happy to get my hair done especially by someone who knows what they are doing! Then it was off to shop for clothes. We ended up getting Marki's ears pierced while out and about. Then it was back home to snuggle up and watch a movie.

Day two started early in the morning. Oliver was up all night so I told Mark I needed to get some sleep. Little did I know that he had planned to have Karen fix my hair for our night out that I didn't know about. Oops. I did get some much needed sleep and I was supposed to go to an auction but decided to let Mark sleep as well. He had a hockey game later in the day and he needed rest too. My most favorite surprise was when Mark told me that Marki and I had an appointment to get a manicure and pedicure together. I started crying because I thought that was the coolest thing ever! Marki was to get the "Princess Package" where she was also to get her hair fixed. (I was supposed to have already had mine done).

It was sooooo much fun. I wish I could have captured Marki's face. She looked like a pampered princess. She told everyone at the salon that her daddy got her a princess package. So sweet. So side by side my daughter and I got our nails painted. (I just started biting my nails about 3 weeks ago. Oops again) Maria took Marki over to find a color to paint her nails. Marki of course picks this orange color. The lady looked over at me with the most disgusted look on her face. "She picked orange! What should I do?" I told her to paint Marki's nails orange. That's what she wants! For her toes she picks sky blue. Again the lady seems upset over this. I tell her it's okay and to just let Marki do what she wants. I love it. She is her own girl. While getting a hand painted Marki flashes me the "I love you sign" Oh, Marki I love you so.

Now while I am getting my nails painted Marki is off for her pedicure. Maria comes up all upset again and tells me that Marki has smudged her nails. She looks like she is about to cry. She must not have kids. She offers to paint them again and I tell her if she does it will just happen again. She is FOUR! Then Marki is off to get her hair done while I am getting a pedicure. Once again, the lady comes back even more upset that Marki has now smudged the polish on her toes. I think I need to offer this lady a drink so she can just relax. I just laugh and tell her that it is seriously okay and know that she did do a great job before Marki messed up her apparent masterpiece. Marki looks so beautiful and back home we go to get ready for Daddy's hockey game. Next surprise is Mark gets my neighbor to come over and do my make up. Thanks Ash!

Once home I am going to get into some comfortable clothes and Mark tells me that I have to dress up because he is taking me to a concert later that night. Mark takes off for the game and Marki, Levi, Oliver, and I all get in the van to go and cheer on Daddy. When I get to Boise I realize that I forgot the tickets that Mark surprised me with so back during rush hour I go to get them. By the time we get to the game it's almost over. Then came the biggest surprise of all....A surprise party at the Bardenay! I was totally surprised. When I walked in I saw Tracey and Arisa and I thought they were their just to eat like we were. Then I noticed everyone and realized that my wonderful husband has just thrown me a surprise party. I Love LOve Love him! I got to visit everyone that I love here in Boise. That's when I am given my second cake (thanks for the cake Damon!). It was so cute. On one side it says:

You're so beautiful.
Your like a tree or a high class prostitute.
Your so beautiful you could be a part time model but you'd
probably have to keep your normal job.
For those of you who might think that is mean it is an inside joke between me and Mark. You might know it if you ever watch Flight of the Concords. Anyway, the other side of the cake says"
Preselected topics of Conversation for Cara's Birthday.
-Woman climbs in bed with stranger
-Cradle robbing???
-He is a good Christian man
-Professional photographer for hire
-Robie Creek Champion 2010
-Natural Child Birth
-Mandy (that's a good one)
-World Traveler
- Tattoo's
It was a pretty cute cake. It was sooo good. Chocolate cake with blueberry filling and butter cream frosting. Yum!
After dinner it was off to see Donavon Frankenreiter with Gary Jules. It was a pretty good concert and I got to experience a little more of Boise. I really like the Knitting Factory Concert House. I almost got my camera taken away there.
At about 9:00pm I started to get really tired. I guess I am too old to stay out past 9:00. After the concert we took some pictures and went to "ride the bull". Whose idea was that again???? Oh yeah. Ashely and she wasn't even there. We were at this bull riding bar for about 3 minutes. Long enough to stink like nasty smoke and for me to start wheezing from asthma. Here are some pictures to commemorate the night.
Thank you Mark for everything. I love you so much and I am so lucky to have you. I had the best two days ever! Thank you most of all for that time with Marki. That was the cutest idea ever and I will remember it always. I've said it before and I'll say it again....You are my everything. Thank you to all my friends for coming as well. I love you all!

Our painted toes
Marki and her hair doo
The always spectacular Nikki
Kami and me
Kami is Marki's dance teacher. I love her. Steve is her husband and he graduated the recruit academy with Mark and works at Boise Fire with him. They are the parents of Marki's friend Malia. Aren't they a beautiful couple!
Arisa, Tracey, and Mike. Many people refer to these girls as "the hot preschool teachers" I have to say they are the best preschool teachers ever! Marki loves them.
Damon and Jamie or Jamon and Damie as I call them
El and Ilia our awesome neighbors and friends
Did someone call for some firemen???
Mark, pointing to Ash's bruise.
Mark choosing cake over a kiss from his wife.
Our waiter
Some funny guy and me
Me and the love of my life
Alison, Damon, Me, Jamie's leg and arm, Mark
The guy behind Mark tried telling us he worked for Boise Fire.
Guy who took our pictures for us and me
Me and a girl getting off the elevator.
Me and the cops.
Me not wanting to ride the bull. Who's idea was this???
The bull
Me and the nice hot dog vendor who let me make my own hot dog.
I think I found a new career....Career choice 200,347,010
Walking to the car. I'm too old to stay out late!

Thank you baby, for a wonderful two days of surprises and fun! You are the greatest. Four girls this week told me they wanted to clone you and marry you. Too bad your MINE!


My sweet family. Levi you crack me up!

0 comments: