Thursday, October 23, 2008

Barber to Boise 10K




I ran my very first 10k on October 18, 2008-the Barber to Boise. I have been wanting to run this race ever since I moved here and finally did it! It was awesome! I had origionally planned on running one mile and walking the rest but my brother Damon was a great coach and got me to run 4 miles straight without taking a break. After a very short walk to catch my breath it was back on. When I hit mile 5 I thought that I might die so we walked a little bit more....Big mistake! My body, which was not in shape at all, pretty much quit. The funny part about it is that I hit a wall about 50 steps from the finish line. I ran my first 10k in one hour and 17 minutes. I aim to beat that next year. Damon ran with me even though he could have probably finished in 50 minutes or so but the great big brother he is,he stayed to cheer me on. We are running a 5k this weekend, the Prison Break race here in Kuna. I can't wait! Thanks for being my cheering section Damon and thanks to my hubbie who is so proud of me.


0 comments: