Thursday, November 18, 2010

Marki's Birthday Surprise

My husband loves surprises. I think he tries to surprise at least one of us daily. When Marki's birthday was coming up Mark and I discusses what she would be getting. And we came up with...A new bike! And of course, Mark's mind goes to how he is going to surprise her. He came up with the cutest idea.

Marki loves to ride the bus home from school and then ride her bike home from the bus stop. (This means I have to drive her bike to Hubbard but I do it cuz I love her...She wasn't able to ride it anymore since it was out of commission) So Mark had me make a card that said "Happy Birthday" on the outside and "To Marki" on the inside. We parked it at the school and waited for the bus to drop her off. We started to walk toward the van when Mark asked why there was a sign on the bike. She stopped. Sounded out the card. And said, "It must be a gift for someones birthday. Then Mark told her to open the card and boy oh boy was she excited to see that it was hers. Great thinking Daddy. I got the whole thing on video too. I will have that soon.



Here her new bike sits waiting to be discovered.
The Card.

Another picture of the card. :)
Marki about to discover the card.
Reading the card to Daddy.
Not sure who's bike it is yet???
SO in love with her new bike. Success!

0 comments: