Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Daddy Promises

Here is the book that I read to my children....

Daddy promises

God has placed you in my care.
I will be here as you sleep...I will be here when you wake.
I will always be here for you, whether you can see me or not. I promise I will listen with my heart and not just my ears. Sometimes ears hide.
I will mend teddy bear holes and remind you that puppies like to chew. I will show you that kisses and bandages can fix most anything.
I will accept the fact that we may not always see eye to eye. From way up here I can see far, but from where you stand, you can see important little things that my up-in-the-air eyes miss. I will teach you right from wrong and will buy only washable markers until you learn the difference.
I will show you how to tie your shoes, how to whistle , and how to catch a high fly.
I will say I'm sorry and ask you to forgive me when I've hurt you. Sometimes even good dad's make mistakes. There is only one perfect Father, our Father in heaven.
I will read wonderful true stories about the world's beginning, a terrible flood, a sturdy ark, a Savior born in a stable, and a miraculous resurrection.
I will teach you that books are more important than just words on a page.
I will be your biggest fan. I will cheer just as loudly when you are losing as when you are winning.
I will teach you that giving is more important than taking and that God asks us to help others.
I will explain that God filled the world with different kinds of people. He loves us all the same. This makes the world a more beautiful place.
I will not yell at you if you leave your bike out in the rain. I will let you learn about rust and responsibility, and that walking to school takes a long time!
I will learn from you the things I have forgotten...that everybody needs a secret hideout, that tree's are for climbing and pockets are for rocks.
I will be there when your good friend isn't acting good at all. I'll say, "The world is full of best friends you haven't even met yet.
I'll teach you about Jesus, your very best friend, who will never forsake you.
I will kiss and hug your bad dreams away.
I will teach you how to talk to God, and I will teach you to listen so you can hear when God talks to you.
I will tell you the truth. The truth is I love you. God loves you. I will tell you so every day, every single day.

I promise,

Daddy

P.S. ROAR