Monday, February 15, 2010

Robie Creek 2010



Stop•Don’t•Don’t Stop

Robie Loves you, but are you ready to make a commitment?



We all have a tortured internal dialog during our relationship with Robie; it takes all our will power and strength to overcome. There’s that voice in your head, telling you, you should go for a run, or on
second thought, why bother, it is just too hard to train for HER. You know her voice, it is a constant
sound, a pounding in your head. train / don’t train, run faster / don’t run so fast, don’t eat that
donut /eat that donut, stay on the couch / get up and go for a run, LOSER!
You say I will do what I want to and she says over my dead body.
Yes I will!
No, you won’t.
Will.
Won’t.
Will.
Won’t
You say you’re not the boss of me!
She says Yes I am.
No you’re not!
Am too
Am not!
I’m your Daddy,
No, you are NOT my Daddy.
And so it goes, it is a push / pull, bitter / sweet, agony / ecstasy, love affair with the race and the
mountain. She will try and seduce you; charming her way into your heart, letting you think it will
be easy. But, as we all know, Robie loves you, but will she let you go all the way?


I'm IN! My second year of Robie Creek. I'd like to say that I am already in tip top shape but alas, I am not. But watch out! I am officially in training and going to do the very best that I can. I know it's not about who finishes first which is AWESOME to know but I'd really like to be fit and do a decent race just for me. I will attack that mountain! To the very best of my abilities. So I must go now and run, no eat, no run, or sit on the couch, or run, or eat chocolate, or run......Ha! I crack myself up!

0 comments: