Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Girls Day at the Ballet

My birthday present this year were two front row tickets to the ballet of Marki's favorite princess, Cinderella. It was so exciting for me to spend this time with my daughter. I really needed this time with her. Just us girls. Here we are getting ready to take our seats...She looks like her daddy in this picture!
Her ballerina dress.

Getting to our seats.
Everywhere she went she had her dress twirling about. At the intermissions she would come out here and dance her own ballet.
Standing in line to get pictures taken with Cinderella ballerina. The proof of a mother's love is how long they are willing to stand in line for this. Your mother loves you an awful lot!!! Marki and this little girl starting dancing together.
When the ballet started Marki was in complete awe. I loved watching her wonder and amazement at the beautiful dancers. I would lean over and tell her which character was which and she would say, "I know mom!" The step sisters were hilarious. They were actually men dressed in drag and they pretty much stole the show. They had little girl dressed as mice in the ballet and Marki desperately wanted to be one of them. It was a beautiful ballet as well as funny. Marki did a great job sitting still and she just loved it. She loved how the ballet dancers danced on their toes. When we got home she showed me all the new moves she learned and I'll have to tape them. It is just too cute.

Thank you, most wonderful husband, for yet another amazing gift. You are the greatest and I will always remember that time with our daughter. She is quite fun to hang out with. She's quite simply the most amazing girl I know and I'm proud to be her momma!
Pictures with Cinderella still to come.........

Sitting on the terrace for lunch. We met up with Irene and Cheyenne for lunch before the ballet.
Loving the hot chocolate.
Cheye. Always posing:)
Marki putting a garnish in Cheyenne's hair from her plate like a flower.

0 comments: