Tuesday, December 1, 2009

One Brave Boy!

Running around before surgery. He was very impressed that they had a huge fire truck for him to play with. Just like his.
He kept putting this up so I couldn't take his picture.

Playing with the toys.
Giving Daddy a hug. They only could have one person in the recovery room so I asked Lee who he wanted to see first. He replied, "Daddy!" He got me instead. I couldn't just wait there! :)
Mommy smooches. He got about a billion of those.
His magic spiderman ticket they gave him.
Hanging out.
At home after surgery. He did very well and is now sleeping.
Thank you everyone for you prayers! It went smoothly and I only cried when they took him off to the surgery room. He was not happy when the nurse picked him up. He got really nervous and kept reaching for me. They ran down the hall and I could hear him crying. I felt so helpless. I didn't want him to think I didn't want to be with him:( Before I knew it we were being called back to see him. Once he saw me he about crawled out of his bed. He had an IV in his foot. His FOOT! Yikes. He glued onto me and wouldn't let me go. He was a little fidgety. When he'd wake up he seemed to scramble to find where I was. Then they put us in a recliner and gave him a Popsicle. Not just any Popsicle mind you, a spiderman one. He would just hold onto it and fall asleep. Finally I told him he had to take some licks. To humor me he took one lick and that was about it. He would not give it up though so I got Popsicle all over me. By the time we left he was more awake and excited that he saw the helicopter land right in front of him. :)
Such a brave little one he is.

0 comments: