Monday, May 23, 2011

A Little Disappointed....

After many years of waiting and waiting to get family pictures and individuals of our family, I was a bit disappointed in our session. First of all, we were unable to contact her as to when our session actually started. We didn't know the day we had the pictures scheduled as to the time and place we were to meet. It was very confusing and frustrating to say the least! I spent so much time and energy not to mention money getting ready for these photos and come picture day we didn't know if they would even happen.

Then we finally get to the location an hour late. She would not give us her phone number even after we said the one on her blog was no longer in service. Not so happy at this point....

Our photographer was super nice and I thought the session went pretty well. That is after more than a month later we get the final disk. Only 2 pictures of Oliver and all the pics I couldn't wait to see weren't even on there. BOO! This is a woman who has done phenomenal work yet my pictures are not what I thought they would be. She took so many of Marki and Levi together and just the boys and so on and we didn't get ONE. Not ONE!

I look at her work and think why didn't they turn out like this? So, I am on a hunt to find a new photographer that is affordable. My husband affordable that is. ;) That may be a challenge but I am bound and determined to get the pictures I want. And more of Oliver and just the kids too.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Okay this probably looks kind of creepy that I'm already leaving you a comment since I just met you at the park! But I had to tell you we are the link right above yours called "The Sawyer Show" on Kami's page. And we had a similar experience with a horrible photographer when Sawyer was a baby. We got our relatives from all over the U.S. together just to do some five generation photos. And not a single one turned out! It was a huge disappointment so I feel your frustration! I'll let you know if we ever find a good photographer and vice versa! And once again, nice to meet you :)

Kristen said...

Wait, I do know an awesome photographer! The photo that comes up by my comment was actually done by a friend in high school named Amanda Burgess. She lives in Cali now, but occasionally comes up to Idaho and does some photo sessions. You can see her blog here http://www.amandaburgessphotography.com/#/portfolio/images/1/0