Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Little Brother to the Rescue

Today my daughters heart was broken. For the past few weeks Marki has been playing with a little girl down the street that is in Kindergarten with her. They have always played so nice and seemed to enjoy each others company. So imagine my surprise when my sweet girl comes flying in the house crying her eyes out. Levi came over to see what was going on. After the tears died down a little Marki told me that Reagan told her she didn't want to be her friend anymore and pushed her down. I asked her why she would do such a thing and apparently they were racing to the slide and Marki won and thats when Reagan grabbed her coat, and ripped the arm out, followed by the cruel words, "I AM NOT YOUR FRIEND ANYMORE!" And then Marki was pushed down.

What bothered Marki the most was that was the first time a girl had ever said they didn't want to be friends anymore and she was so hurt. I didn't notice Levi when he left the room but when I realized he was gone I knew exactly where he went...To the playgroud to defend his sister. That girl didn't know what was coming. Marki and Lee may fight like cats and dogs sometimes but you mess with one you get the other. I ran outside to grab Lee and he was on his way back, dragging a sword. I heard, from a neighbor girl, that Levi went and told the girl to leave his sister alone and that no one treats his sister that way. How adorable is that! I just thank God that the spongy sword was for looks. ;) I am comforted to know that Marki doesn't need a big brother to help her out. She has the most loving and sweet little brother who would defend her and make sure he is there for her. You are a wonderful little brother Levi. You always make me smile.

1 comments:

Kami Satterlee said...

hahahahaha that is hilarious@ Levi's always been my fav that tuff boy!haha Poor Marki:*( She really is the sweetest girl ever.