Saturday, June 12, 2010

Our Big Girl


She had changed. The few seconds it took her to learn to ride her bike without training wheels she has changed. She is a certainly a big girl now with confidence like you wouldn't believe. She is so proud of herself. We are so proud of her.
June 3rd Marki came to me and wanted me to take off her training wheels. I knew better. Her dad was at work but her last encounter trying failed so I thought ok, we can try it. I didn't want Mark to miss out on being there but she was persistant. It literally took her one second to get on her bike and take off. I was holding on and could tell she didn't need me. She kept telling me to let go. I couldn't. One, here daddy wasn't there to see this next step in her life. Two. I just didn't want to let go. So after about 5 minutes of her begging me I did let go. And off she went. Like she had been doing it forever.
Of course my hubby has not yet forgiven me ;) but I think his heart sank just like mine did when he saw her. She really has changed. No littleness about her now. And it's not fair!
She rode constantly from morning til night and I had to actually get her off her bike to put her to bed. It is her favoite thing to do now. Levi is bound and determined to ride with out training wheels now. Marki keeps telling him how to do it.
We love you Marki! We couldn't be more proud of you!
Click on the link below to see her in action

0 comments: